Colleagues, friends and health professionals Australia-wide joined together to kick off the 2020 CrazySocks4Docs Day with a virtual event hosted by Dr Sally Cockburn, family doctor, health advocate, media presenter and writer. The virtual event featured a stellar panel of experts working in the mental health field, with experience in COVID-19 and the health implications for those at the coal face. The morning also featured a special presentation from Jenny Mikakos MP, Minister for Health, Minister for Ambulance Services VIC.
The panel featured:
- Ms Christine Morgan – Chief Executive Officer, National Mental Health Commission and National Suicide Prevention Adviser to the PM
- Prof. Ian Hickie – Co-Director (Health and Policy), University of Sydney, Brain and Mind Centre
- Ms Georgie Harman – Chief Executive Officer, Beyond Blue
- A/Prof. Tony Walker ASM – Chief Executive Officer, Ambulance Victoria
- Prof. Michael Kidd – Principal Medical Advisor and Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health
- Prof. Michael Myers – Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University (New York)
Watch the Replay:
Don your craziest socks in both solidarity and a bid to raise awareness of mental health in the medical community and help normalise the conversation.